Here to give you more than a boiler
Fitted by a friendly, expert engineer who is fully qualified and gas safe registered.
Peace of mind up to 12 years guarantee.
You'll Pay a fixed price with no hidden or unexpected costs.
Boilers that are over 10 years old waste a lot of valuable energy, in terms of cost and impact it has on the environment.
Many older boilers convert as little as 55% of the gas they use to heat.
This will have a big impact on your home bills.
Current building regulations state that a new gas fired boiler must be a condensing one and apply with boiler +.
We specialise in the installation of condensing boilers.
A new condensing boiler will improve efficiency to over 90%.
This really does make a massive saving on your energy bills.
If your heating system is temperamental, makes noises, cold radiators, our experts can help.
It doesn't necessarily mean a new heating system is needed.
There's many reasons for your heating systems to degrade and we will advise on the best way to get your heating back to its maximum potential.
Both ourselves and the boiler manufactures advise annual boiler servicing.
It is a wise precaution, we can ensure that your boiler is operating to its maximum performance.
We will ensure against carbon monoxide leaks and prolong your boilers lifespan.
We can also help prevent a boiler breakdown, which can be expensive and never welcome.
What is carbon monoxide (CO)?
Carbon monoxide (CO) is a highly poisonous gas produced by the incomplete burning of natural gas or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG). This can happen when a gas appliance has been incorrectly fitted, badly repaired or poorly maintained. It can also occur if flues, chimneys or vents are blocked. Solid fuels, such as coal, wood, petrol, as well as oil, can also produce carbon monoxide when they burn.
CO can be deadly and is especially dangerous because you can’t see, taste or smell it, and some symptoms mimic the effects of viruses and even a bad hangover. It’s important to know the physical symptoms of CO poisoning to ensure you seek help quickly.
What are the physical symptoms of CO poisoning?
CO poisoning occurs when you breathe in CO and it replaces the oxygen in your bloodstream, causing body tissue and cells to die. Even small amounts of the gas can cause poisoning, and long term exposure can result in paralysis and even brain damage.
CO poisoning symptoms are similar to those of flu, food poisoning, viral infections, fatigue, and a hangover which makes it easy to mistake this very dangerous poisoning for something else.
The six main symptoms to look out for are:
Loss of consciousness
Anybody who has overdone it on a night out will be familiar with some or all of those symptoms, but if you experience them without drinking it’s time to be concerned. Being aware of these symptoms could save your life.
There are also other signs that could indicate CO poisoning, such as:
Symptoms occur when you are at home but seem to disappear when you leave.
Others in your household (including pets) are experiencing similar symptoms at a similar time.
It’s important to know the signs of a carbon monoxide leak in your home, because knowing the signs can ensure you aren’t exposed to dangerous levels of CO for an extended period of time.
What are the signs of a carbon monoxide leak?
Any of the following could be a sign of CO in your home:
Floppy yellow or orange flame on your gas hob, rather than crisp blue
Dark, sooty staining on or around gas appliances
Pilot lights that frequently blow out
Increased condensation inside windows
If you detect any of these signs, please contact us immediately to come and inspect your gas appliances and flues.
Remember that not getting your gas appliances regularly checked, or using an engineer that isn’t Gas Safe registered, can put you and your family at risk.
What to do if you suspect CO poisoning
Don’t delay - get fresh air immediately.
Open doors and windows, turn off gas appliances and leave the house.
See your doctor immediately or go to hospital. They can do a blood or breath test to check and can advise if you need treatment for CO poisoning.
If you think there is an immediate danger, call the Gas Emergency Helpline on 0800 111 999 (GB) or the relevant service for your area.
You can also visit the NHS website for detailed information on the symptoms of CO poisoning, what action to take and the treatment that’s usually provided.
Stay safe with a carbon monoxide alarm
The most important thing you can do to minimise the risk of CO is to ensure that your gas appliances are safety checked annually by a Gas Safe registered engineer.
Installing an accredited carbon monoxide leak detector, or audible CO alarm, in your home or business is a good second line of defence, as they emit a sound when CO is detected. However, because an alarm only activates once there is CO present, you should never rely on them as your sole form of prevention.
To ensure their effectiveness, make sure any alarm you buy is marked EN 50291 and has the British Standards Kitemark. We don’t recommend the use of ‘black spot detector’ warning strips because their warning is too easily missed and they don’t emit a sound, so they won’t alert you if you have a CO leak whilst you’re asleep.
What are carbon monoxide alarms?
Carbon monoxide detectors are an early alert for possible carbon monoxide poisoning. They can be installed in and around your home, as described in the manufacturer guidelines and work much like your fire or smoke alarm by sounding an alarm when they detect carbon monoxide. There are a variety of models available on the market so be sure to find one that will be suitable.
Modern CO alarms look like smoke alarms (which do not detect CO) and you can purchase one from around £20 at most major retail outlets, including DIY stores and supermarkets. It’s advisable to fit an alarm in every room with a gas appliance, following the manufacturer’s fitting instructions carefully. Typically, CO alarms have a lifetime of between 5-10 years. Just like your smoke alarm, remember to test your CO alarm regularly.